While composing an essay, pls remember this –
• Choose a topic from your personal knowledge and experience. Remember that you must utilize your first-hand experience to prove your authority to write on a topic. Purely generalized and/or factual information is not acceptable.
• Write in your own words, from your perspective or point of view, using the pronoun “I.”
• Capture your reader’s attention with an interesting introductory paragraph.
• Use specific examples from your personal experience.
• Use concrete or vivid words.
• Use complete sentences, varying your sentence length and structure.
• Use fully developed paragraphs, where each paragraph has only one main idea with enough
supporting details to develop that idea clearly and logically.
• Write a total of 750 to 2,500 words on your topic. (If your essay is typed and double-spaced, your
final draft should be between three and ten pages.)
When you have completed your rough draft, be sure to proofread it carefully to correct any errors in grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
Type or neatly write your final draft. Before submitting your work to the school, be sure to make a copy for yourself.