Essay Project 2 Step 4: Peer Review DUE THURSDAY
No unread replies.No replies.
Rough Draft Due Thursday 3/14
Response to Partner Due Sunday 3/17
Step 1: First, please carefully review your Essay 1 Social Media and Activism.
Step 2: By Thursday, submit a rough draft of Essay 1. You can copy paste it into the discussion board or (preferably) attach it as a file. You will click “Reply” and attach your draft in a similar way as you have done for discussions or annotation in the past.
Step 3: Check back in on Friday morning. I will have matched you up with a partner. Once you see who your partner is, find his or her post, download the rough draft, and make as many helpful comments and suggestions on it as you can. You can use the insert comment function on word, or you can simply write your comments in red.
Step 4: Once you are done commenting, go onto the next page (add a new page to the writer’s essay) and answer the following questions:
1. Does the writer have a paragraph to introduce the essay? Does he or she have an argument (thesis/claim) that states his/her position on the topic of social media activism (not just social media in general)? How can the writer improve this paragraph?
2. Does the writer have PIEIE body paragraphs that each contain: A clear reason (P) (sub-claims/topic sentences) connected to the thesis? At least two pieces of information (two examples) and an explanation after each example? If the examples are quotes from the articles, are they introduced properly, according to Incorporating Quotes in Research?
3. Does the wrtier provide specific evidence to illustrate his/her claim in each paragraph? (Remember that evidence can be in the form of cited material, personal experience, or anecdote) Did he/she pick the best evidence to support the subclaims? Is there anything confusing or unexplained about the evidence or how it is introduced? (I)
4. Does the writer analyze his/her evidence closely and discuss details from the quote? Does the analysis address how the evidence connects to the subclaim? What can he/she do to improve the analysis?
5. Does the writer have a conclusion that restates the main points of the essay? Does he/she address the larger significance of the topic, or, in other words, why a reader should care?
6. What is this paperâ€s greatest strength? What still needs work, and how would you suggest the writer revise to correct that problem?
Step 5: By Sunday, at 11:59pm, hit “Reply” to your partner’s original post. Attach the draft with comments and the questions answered so that your partner can review them and make changes to his or her essay before the due date (Tuesday 9/18).
Are you looking for a similar assignment? Order now for an Amazing Discount! Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
essay project 2 step 4 peer review due thursday .