3-4 page double-spaced paper on the film The Iron Lady.
This critique should demonstrate and illustrate how you are critically interpreting each film for leadership implications.
Find at least one particular “thesis statement” for this critique and build upon that statement using context from the films, readings, and personal experiences.
A “thesis statement” is a firm 1-2 sentences that establishes the purpose and direction of the critique. For example, a “thesis statement” can compare and contrast films; agree or disagree with film plots; and/or expand on leadership concepts.
In any case, there must be a clear 1-2 sentence purpose statement at the introduction of this film critique.
Avoid grandiose and general statements about leadership—be as specific as possible toward the points necessary to write and submit a successful film critique.
This critique is not a review of the films or readings, always assume readers have already watched the films and completed the readings.
Film critique questions to consider:
– What is leadership to you?
– How did you see your definition and perceptions of leadership play out in this film?
– What is the premise of the film?
– Who (if any) were leaders in this film?
– How were individual leaders or followers changed or different from the beginning compared to the end of the film? Did any leadership concepts play a role in this change or difference? If so, explain.
– Did you resonate with or relate to the film, why or why not?
– If you were a character in the film, then who would you be and why? Would you do something different from what the characters in the film did?
– How does the film relate to the assigned reading(s)?
– What elements of the readings help you better grasp the premise of the film and leadership?
– Overall, what did you learn from this film(s) and readings?
– Must write in ACTIVE VOICE
– Must follow APA guidelines (proper in-text citations and bibliography)
**Please feel free to contact me for any clarifications
This critique should demonstrate and illustrate how you are critically interpreting each film for leadership implications. Find at least one particular “thesis statement” for this critique