– Size 12 font, Times New Roman
– 1″ margins all around.
– Length is to be 2200 words of text (excluding title page and reference page).
– A title page and reference page must be included and formatted in APA
– A minimum of two (2) external references must be used to support my paper (References are defined as peer-reviewed journal.) Examples of acceptable, peer-reviewed journals include:
o Journal of Applied Psychology
o Academy of Management Journal
o Personnel Psychology
o International Journal of Psychology
o Journal of Personality and Social Psychology
o Annual Review of Psychology
o Journal of Organizational Behavior
o Leadership Quarterly
– Provide a brief and concise overview of the supporting reference articles and indicate how the reference articles support my analysis of the case study.
You are newly posted to a sales team as their manager. Based on your discussion with your superior, and as you go through the handover notes and employee files, you note that in comparison to other teams in your business yours is underperforming. Employees sales are low, you have a higher number of employees not passing their quotas, and there seems to be several reprimands for poor attitude, or complacency. Your superior asks you to assess the situation and provide her with feedback and recommendations as to how the morale and efficiency (performance) of your team can be improved. After carefully analyzing the situation, overall you assess the team as being far below acceptable standards. As you meet with and get to know the employees in your team you note that they are pleasant, have a good attitude around you, and they seem capable of doing better than they have been. Demonstrate how different theories of motivation might help motivate the employees in this team. Also, create a plan to improve the team’s morale and efficiency, and explain how you would implement this plan using goal-setting theory. What are some of the potential barriers and challenges to successful implementation of your plan? Ensure to demonstrate how an understanding of multiple motivation theories and their proper application can be used to create a positive workplace.
You are newly posted to a sales team as their manager. Based on your discussion with your superior, and as you go through the handover notes and employee files, you note that in comparison to other teams in your business yours is underperforming.